.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Altered dreams

Altered art by Vera Lucia Emerim. Altered books, card holders,albums, ATC, collage and other mixed media artworks.

Name:
Location: Araranguá, Brazil

Thursday, March 30, 2006

New Altered book and a little recipe for your ABs




This is the second book I use my just discovered way to put written quotation on backgrounds or images without affecting them. I found it easier than any of the other ways I read on the net. I take a white napkin, remove all the layers, lightly glue the top and the bottom of this paper onto a heavy paper, like watercolor paper. Then I print whatever quotations or poetry I like. I let it dry for one day.Then I carefully cut the quotes from the thin paper and glue them my AB using clear shellac. The paper disappears and I have only the written words. Shellac also seals the wok and avoids any bleeding. The background is showed untouched. I hope you can use this technique and let me know if it works for you

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi, Vera
Susan here from decoupageart yahoo group. i am interested in your technique. sorry but i dont quite follow your instructions. as i read it: you use one thin layer of white plain paper napkin and glue it onto thicker paper...and then do you put that paper thru a printer? and then pull the printed napkin off that paper a day later and shellac over image. have i got that correct? susanbuchanan2@yahoo.com

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovely lovely work. zaitoon (from alteredbooks group)

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... plotters hp 2500 Mac plotters Surveillance room monitors 9state farm insurance Meridia vicodin Airline tickets cheap first class airfares qingdao What is desktop video conferencing salli saddle chair qld rubbermaid shelves portable refrigerator uk all inclusive vacation Diazepam valium information from answers.com versatek plotters Flight simulator game download cheap corded telephone headsets plantronics Media player 100 cpu

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home