.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Altered dreams

Altered art by Vera Lucia Emerim. Altered books, card holders,albums, ATC, collage and other mixed media artworks.

Name:
Location: Araranguá, Brazil

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Christmas Brown Bag Paper Altered Book

This is the last altered book am posting for some time. Tomorrow I am going to a hospital to have a surgery. Nothing serious. The doctors need to correct something that is not well inside my belly. Anyway I appreciate your prayers, good thoughts and vibes.
This book is made with 8 brown paper bags, decorated with Brazilian Christmas papers, ribbons, glitter, vintage images of Santas and tags.
These little books are very emotional to me. They strongly remind me of my childhood in a very poor country. I used to decorate brown paper bags to make notebooks to my little brother and to myself. The first altered book I made using brown paper bags were never shown entirely. I just can’t do it. It would be as exposing this part of myself, the child I was and still am inside my heart. And the remembrance of my beloved brother who I rarely see nowadays.





6 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

What a colourful beauty your brown paper bag altered book is, Vera. It definitely gives the feeling of "Christmas Past". I would love to know how it's all put together. Good job!

6:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. Good day
Who listens to what music?
I Love songs Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton

11:34 PM  
Blogger annie said...

vera, your book is beautiful!
I found your blog through the alteredbook yahoo group.

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For what I have seen, this site is not bad at all
- www.blogger.com v
phentermine

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What 'bout Henn?
generic hydrocodone

2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home